Friday, May 22, 2009

Japanese & Sundanese (on my mind)


The reason why I dead love learning Japanese is that, Japanese language is really amazing in the view of mine. When the first time I knew and studied it at high school, it was love at the first sight I may say, Japanese was exceptionally cool, hm….I exaggerated that right? he…he…

Here's the story;
A friend of mine lent me her Japanese book and she was my real competitor in some lessons obviously, especially in English and Math. To be honest, that book wasn't really good, yet, wasn't bad either, medieval. She let me read and copy it. Having studied that for several weeks, I could then speak "watashi wa….", "douzo yotoshiku…"etc. I learned Japanese by using self-study method or "autodidact", I got no teacher or instructor then, just book and my classmate, just two of us, and we sometimes studied together during the class break.

Unfortunately I stopped learning Japanese in the last semester of my high school since I must have focused on my graduation and national exam then, in a word, "quitted".
And now in this last semester of my college, I've fallen in love with Japanese for the second time, having forgotten it for years and years, I've finally found the soul of learning Japanese, I'd love it again.
I've got a superb community here, it's near to my campus, and the people are great, we learn together to improve our skill and enhance our knowledge about Japanese. Hm…it is so nice and auspicious to gather with all of them, yet recently I could not go there since I've got many things to do.
Well, the main point I want to talk to you guys now is that, Japanese and Sundanese have some similarities; at least in my opinion. Okay, for one, these languages have degree of politeness; either in Japanese or Sundanese we should smartly use particular words when we speak to particular people; we use polite phrases or words when we speak to our parents, teachers or the elder ones. But we can use slang or causal phrase when we talk to our colleagues or friends.
The second, Japanese and Sundanese have complex writing systems that distinguish them from others. Japanese uses Kana and Kanji, Sundanese uses traditional Sanskrit (if I'm not wrong). These are the true identities of them but it's so unlucky for Sundanese language, the native people of it are rarely use the language now, only small percentage of Sundanese people who're familiar with their writing system, they can no longer recognize the basic writing or Sudanese (including me), I'll keep learning though (insha Allah).
The third, I've got a thought and sense that they are romantic languages. There's big possibility that Sundanese person as well as Japanese are so romantic in making relationship, hm…it's so subjective anyways, but, I'm pretty much sure that this is true. I'm gonna prove it someday, he…he…
Well, the conclusion is that, the more we learn other languages - Japanese, Chinese, German, Spanish, Russian, or anything, the more we should love our own languages, God has created all of languages so that we can know one another. Let's start loving our mother language, hirup urang sunda euy!!!

No comments: